RIS Newsletter - August 28, 2017
Greetings from Rockdale Intermediate School. We are off to a great start! We welcomed 331 students on the first day and have since grown to 335. We extend a special welcome to our new students and their families and look forward to working with them.
Our teachers spent many hours preparing for the school year and were excited to greet their students on the first day. The custodial and maintenance staff did a phenomenal job of getting our building and grounds ready for students. We are all very proud of Rockdale Intermediate School and it shows!
We are also very proud of our students. If you have not already heard, Rockdale Intermediate School will once again met standard. Our students could not have accomplished this without the help and support from their parents, teachers, and community. Working together we can achieve great things. Congratulations RIS on a job well done!
If you need to pick your child up early for any reason, you must do so before 3:00 pm. Students are in transit from their classroom to their dismissal location and cannot be reached after 3:00 pm. If you need to change the way your child gets home, please let the office know before 2:30 pm.
Have a great week!
Kathy Pelzel, Principal
- Back to school forms should be turned in by Friday, September 1, 2017.
- Homework: Math homework will begin on Tuesday, August 29, 2017. Your child will bring home math homework each night and will take a 5 minute quiz each morning over the skill they practiced the night before. Please ensure your child is completing their math homework in preparation for their quiz.
- Reading Logs: Students should bring home a library book and reading log each night. Please be sure they are completing their assigned reading each night. Becoming a fluent reading and building vocabulary requires practice. Reading each night is essential to growing these skills.
- RIS would like to provide the opportunity to celebrate your child's birthday by having a Happy Birthday message with their name on our electronic marquee in front of the building. Their birthday will also be mentioned during morning announcements. Please contact Kristi in the front office for more information.
- RIS spirit shirts supporting student projects on campus are for sale in the front office $10.00 for a short sleeve and $15.00 for long sleeve.
- First day of iTigers will be September 5, 2017. Students are invited as needed to provide academic support.
9/20 Teacher Professional Development, No School for Students
9/21 Mini Cheer Camp @ RHS, 6-8pm Registration opens at 5:30pm
9/29 Last Day of First Six Weeks
9/26 Fall Picture Day